blankhomeaboutthe fammy faithwhats cookinget crafty

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Gooey Oreo Chocolate Cake Bars


I dont know when my obsession with Oreo cookies began but once it started it has not ceased to exist even for a moment.  I don't care how I eat them, dipped in cold milk, hot chocolate, in my ice cream or eaten right out of the package. I know I know Oreos aren't exactly figure friendly or considered a healthy treat but lets be honest...any good treat is gona be a little naughty, right?! Well naughty is exactly what this dessert bar is, and packed full of Oreo cookies...double stuffed to be exact. I found this recipe on Picky Palates amazing food blog and I knew that I had to make it at once!

Gooey Oreo Chocolate Cake Bars
Recipe from Picky Palate

Ingredients:
1 devils food cake mix
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
20 double stuffed Oreo cookies, broken into bite size pieces

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x13 inch baking dish with tin foil sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Place cake mix, butter and egg into a large bowl and mix to combine all ingredients. Press mixture into prepared pan and top with broken cookie pieces. Pour sweetened condensed milk over cookies and top with chocolate chips. Bake for 25 minutes and let cool completely. Cut into squares and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips