blankhomeaboutthe fammy faithwhats cookinget crafty

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Family Silhouettes

When my niece was first born, almost 12 years ago, my aunt made a silhouette of her cut out of black paper and framed it. I was in awe!! It was incredible and I knew that once I had children I wanted to do the same thing. However, instead of using paper I decided to paint a silhouette onto a canvas using a profile shot.  I blew up a side profile picture of my son , cut it out, traced it on the canvas and then painted within the lines. You can also paint the dead space black instead for a different look, use different colors or add details that might not have been in the picture; such as my husbands cowboy hat and my hair around my face (seen below)
After I had finished painting I couldn't help but think that there was something missing.....something to make the silhouette painting a little more personal and whimsical. Turned out a crochet bow tie was just what my son needed around his little neck.
Of course I couldn't stop there! I painted profiles of my husband and myself as well. 
This is really a fun project and a way to capture your little ones or family members at a specific time in their life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips