blankhomeaboutthe fammy faithwhats cookinget crafty

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Banana Hot Chocolate

This recipe reminds me of Great America Theme Park. Why you ask, well let me tell you. Every time my parents took my sister and I to Great America my sister would insist on getting a chocolate covered banana. Oh how I used to cringe at the idea of chocolate and bananas!! Who could eat that!!! Well, that's what I used to say anyway. Kinda how I used to feel about asparagus and now look at me, I'm like an asparagus fiend! 
I am proud to say that I have changed my ways, bananas and chocolate do work! Who would have thought?! And oh how they work in this recipe....mouthwatering! So this one is for all of you chocolate covered banana lovers out there!!

Banana Hot Chocolate

Ingredients:
2 cups cream
1 cup whole milk
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 oz bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
2 ripe bananas
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
whipped cream
marshmallows

Directions:
In a saucepan combine cream, milk, and sugar until hot, be sure NOT to let it boil. Add chocolate and heat to simmer. Stir until chocolate is melted. Puree the bananas and cinnamon together. After pureed, heat in microwave for 15 seconds and then stir into hot chocolate mixture. Pour into mugs and garnish with whipped cream, marshmallows and banana slices.
Untitled_zpsf419afba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips