blankhomeaboutthe fammy faithwhats cookinget crafty

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Candy Jar


I cant recall a day when I haven't indulged in a little treat, or a big treat for that matter.  Most of the time it is a baked good but often times I find myself craving just a little something mid day and wishing I had a stocked candy jar in the house for just those moments. After wishing for far too long, I decided to make it happen. But I didn't want just any candy jar, I wanted a cute candy jar! :) I instantly remembered a jar I had stored in our garage that I had bought at Target. I had broken the lid and was going to discard it but thought that someday it might come in handy. Boy I am glad I saved it because it turned out to be the perfect size, shape and everything for my new candy jar! And who needs a jar?!! When I want my candy I want it now! I don't need a lid getting in my way, haha. But just a jar was way to boring for me; I had to spruce it up a bit.

So spruce it up I did! I went to Joann's and bought some very very wide lace trim and simple wrapped it around the jar and tacked it in place with a bit of hot glue. Then I took some extra rope I had lying around and wrapped it around a few times and tied a knot. Its both soft and hard...kinda like me :)
 And whats my drug of choice these days?...mini Heath Bar and Andes baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips