blankhomeaboutthe fammy faithwhats cookinget crafty

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Honey, Soy, Ginger Broccolini


I love broccoli! And I am lucky enough that my husband and son both do too. So I often find myself steaming, baking, roasting or BBQ-ing broccoli as a side with our dinner. Best part is that its so packed with fiber and nutrients that I don't have to feel guilty loading up my plate with a heaping size serving of it. I mean no one ever got fat from eating too much broccoli...right? And since we eat it so often I am always on the look out for new ways or flavors to use when cooking it.
Most of the time I actually buy those super large bags of broccoli from Costco that could probably feed an entire block of broccoli lovers. But instead I use it for just two adults and one small child, and we have no problem going through it in a week or less. But even more than regular broccoli I love to use broccolini, which coincidentally, Costco also sells. Broccolini has small florets with long slender stalks. It is a cross between regular broccoli and Chinese Kale.  I prefer to use broccolini because I find it a bit sweeter and the stalks are much thiner and more tender allowing for a quicker cooking time. Not to mention my son loves to hold on to the long stem like a lollipop and eat it right down to the end!
This recipe happens to be our newest addiction and can be used with regular broccoli, broccoli rabe or any of your favorite vegetables for that matter!

Honey, Soy, Ginger Broccolini

Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds broccolini
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon white vinegar
5 tablespoons honey
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
1 teaspoon pepper

Directions:
Combine all ingredients except broccolini into a zip lock baggie and mix ingredients well. Once mixed add broccolini and maneuver it around until it is all well coated. Refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour. 
Once ready to cook preheat your oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with foil and  place broccolini and marinade onto pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the stems of the broccolini are just tender when a knife is inserted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips