blankhomeaboutthe fammy faithwhats cookinget crafty

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Painted Bookshelf

After
I picked up a little bookshelf from a local thrift store to use in our house and after living with it for a few months I decided it needed a little sprucing up. I didn't want to paint the entire unit so I opted to try just painting the sliding doors.

Before
After removing the doors, I used painters tape to stripe them out. I then lightly sanded then wiped down the exposed wood parts.


And I alternated painting the stripes white and gold. The surface of the doors was very smooth so the stripes came out perfect.


It adds the perfect amount of interest and funk to the otherwise plain bookshelf of its former life. Im pretty happy...its amazing what a difference it makes making just a simple little change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips