blankhomeaboutthe fammy faithwhats cookinget crafty

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Biscoff Peanut Butter Cups


Ya I went there. Not only are these peanut butter cups but they are Biscoff peanut butter cups. If your not familiar with Biscoff Spread then my friend you simply have not lived. You may be familiar with those tasty little Biscoff cookies that they used to serve on some airlines, well this is them only turned into a creamy spread. It can be found at almost any market next to the peanut butter or Trader Joe's sells a version of it that they call Cookie Butter, equally delicious.

I can remember when I first discovered Nutella, over 10 years ago, I thought I had literally literally literally died and gone to heaven, I mean literally!! Nothing could ever take the place of Nutella and in fact if you were to come to my house this very day, you will see a jar of Nutella and a very large soup spoon at my bedside table. Ya, that's how I roll...a spoonful of Nutella can do wonders!! About 1 year ago my sister in law over at twopeasnadtheirpod introduced me to Biscoff. And that's when the war between Nutella and Biscoff started in my house! Until then none other had even come close to standing up to my hazelnut spread and now I was torn. Who can even decide which is better! I can't and I stopped trying ... that's why if you were to come to my house right now you would not only see a jar of Nutella with an over-sized soup spoon on my bedside table but also a jar of Biscoff. Its my dirty little secret ;)

So this recipe is an homage to Biscoff and the peanut butter cup. Crack really is what I should call it, not that I know what crack tastes like but I assume that it is just as addictive as this dessert!

Biscoff Peanut Butter Cups

Ingredients:
1 roll refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough or homemade recipe
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups Biscoff Spread or Cookie Butter
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease your muffin tin with cooking spray or shortening. Press cookie dough into each muffin cup, being sure to lightly press the dough up the side of each muffin cup as well. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are just golden. With a spoon press down the dough in the middle of each cup to make room for your filing. 
Let cool in tin for 5 minutes then remove to a wire rack to continue cooling for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile in a pan on medium heat, melt white chocolate chips and 3/4 cup Biscoff stirring constantly. Divide mixture evenly into cookie cups filling about 3/4 of the way up. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.

In the same pan melt the chocolate chips and remaining 3/4 cup Biscoff over medium heat, stirring constantly. Divide mixture evenly on top of white chocolate mixture. 

Allow to cool in refrigerator for 10 minutes before serving and enjoy!

Untitled_zpsf419afba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips