blankhomeaboutthe fammy faithwhats cookinget crafty

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas at the Lichty's

Its Christmas @ the Lichty's. The tree is up and the stockings hung! A few years ago I saw a show on HGTV featuring families who left their Christmas decorations up all year long. My initial thought was, thats crazy town. This year while putting all of our decorations up it crossed my mind that all this work was for 1 month. One month of enjoying the tree and ornaments, one month of singing carols and stuffing stockings, one month of house lights and santa beards, one month of christmas cookies and candy canes. And suddenly the idea of having Christmas all year long didn't seem so bad. I look forward to it all year long and I can see the appeal of being able to enjoy it 365 days. So maybe those families aren't so crazy town after all...or maybe just a little :)
As you can tell I like a little bling on my trees :)
Add caption
Mom and dad gave us this great advent calendar this year that we are excited to use

And even our friend above the fireplace got a little festive spirit with some homemade embroidery thread pom poms.
I've been having a lot of fun with these embroidery thread pom poms. It seems for one reason or another I have piles and piles of embroidery thread lying around, so instead of making yarn pom poms I opted for embroidery thread ones and I love them!
Merry Christmas from the Lichty clan to yours!!
Untitled_zpsf419afba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips